This past weekend, my son and I celebrated Veterans’ Day by attending the Aviation Nation airshow at Nellis Airforce Base with some friends. It was a first for both of us. I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun I had! Since I had never been to an airshow, I didn’t know what to expect. We were not disappointed at all! All the pilots were amazing and their flying abilities were so impressive! There were explosions, stunts, demonstrations, and of course an unbelievable performance from the Thunderbirds! I wish that I would have taken more pictures of the actual flying, but I know that my photos wouldn’t have done justice to the magnificence that we saw. It was a fantastic experience and my son and I will be making a tradition out of it for sure!
- “Don’t bother him, just turn around. He doesn’t want to talk to you.”
- Adult: “Look around. See what you can observe.” 2 year old: “I see Tita Manda…over there.”
- “Jakob, thank you for preventing Nikolai’s head from getting chopped off.”
- “I heard a lot of booms and it punched my heart really hard.”
- “We don’t open doors on people in potties.”
- “Ladies and gentleman, the thunderbolts made a heart.”
- “Do you need to present your bottom in front of these people?”